LACERA's NEW HIRE PROCESS
Watch the New Member Process video to see, step by step, how the process unfolds. As an HR professional, you begin the process when you hire a new employee. Soon after, LACERA mails the New Hire Welcome package directly to the new hire’s home. Check out the video to learn all about it.
We suggest the following:
- When possible, welcome the new hire to LACERA with a link to the New Hire Process video. Ask them to watch the video prior to meeting with you about the Sworn Statement.
- Download the Sworn Statement and give it to your new hire.
- Verify the accuracy of the new hire's personal information.
- Send the completed Sworn Statement to LACERA at: P.O. Box 7060; Pasadena, CA 91109-7060.
That's all there is to it! LACERA will contact the new hire to complete the rest of the process.
Later, you'll send the new hire to LACERA for the new-hire retirement orientation given by LACERA's Outreach staff. To ensure that the new hire finds his/her way:
- Tell the new hire to report first to the Member Service Center in the building lobby for the new-hire retirement orientation.
- Make sure that, in the materials your department sends related to the orientation, new hires are instructed to report first to the Member Service Center for new-hire retirement orientation.
SWORN STATEMENT FORM
The updated Sworn Statement informs new employees hired after June 30, 2014, that upon retirement, they will be eligible for certain benefits provided under the new County Retiree Healthcare Benefits Program — Tier 2. The Sworn Statement is available for download only.
— for new hires after June 30, 2014
NEW MEMBER PROCESS FLOWCHART
View and print the entire New Member Process.